We explore contemporary issues through a comedic lens.
1. To start producing original work, creating from the ground up
2. To start (on a small scale) paying artists for their work
3. To build upon trusted and fruitful relationships with likeminded creatives, as well as to forge new creative relationships
4. To provide opportunities to creatives in new roles
5. To explore the creative process:
a) Without expectation
b) In condensed time
c) Through varied creative methods
GOALS, realistic and simple:
1. To Entertain
2. To Learn
And finally, we want to ensure we are creating a brand of theatre that we enjoy watching as audience members. We agree that good theatre should stimulate the mind and question the world around us today, but also translate those musings into cohesive discussion points, and create food for thought for that audience. We hope to be refracting discussion within the current public headspace into a heightened and exaggerated tone that ensures the production is, at its most basic level, entertaining.
We're just some young people who love theatre and want to make some. Please tell us HERE if you'd rather we didn't, we won't take it personally.
^ Here we are having a little production meeting the other night. That's Steph in the lettuce bowl. The other two are Ryland and Owen. Owen doesn't like this photo of him much but accepts it can stay here for now. Ryland has his thumb up and a non-branded t-shirt on.
Hope to see you at one of our shows, or just on the streets. Maybe at a 7/11, or holding a Bunnings snag at an empty, now defunct Mitre 10.
CUE PRODUCTIONS PTY LTD